- To enhance and enrich the educational environment at RGMS by supporting social, extracurricular and academic needs of the students and staff
- To nurture the environment at RGMS by promoting parent/guardian involvement through communication, volunteering and dialogue with school staff.
- To provide support and service to students, families, educators and our community to promote a spirit of caring, good citizenship and respect for others.
PTSO v. PTA… What’s the Difference?
PTA is a large organization that a lot of schools join. Membership fees get paid to the organization and only part of that money comes back to the school. At Roland Grise, we have a PTSO where the Parents, Teachers and Students make the decisions and 100% of membership money goes directly to the school. The money is used for, but not limited to:
- School Events (Dances, Grade Level Socials)
- Books (for library, guidance and classroom use)
- Teacher Grants (which can be used to send our teachers to conferences, get classroom supplies, buy equipment)
- Academic Enhancements (Science Olympiad, Competition Registrations)
- Awards (Grade Level recognitions and awards)
- Hospitality and Teacher Appreciation Events for our wonderful staff
So don’t just sign up and think your money is going to a large organization rather than our school. Sign up yourself, your spouse and your kids and really make a difference at our school.
Sign Up Here: http://rolandgriseptso.com/membership/